Sole Traders & Partnerships

Expert financial management for your business

The Benefits

We can help with...

Should I set up as a sole trader?

Ashmans Accounting can assist you in exploring your options if you are considering setting up as a sole trader.

Should I set up a partnership?

There are some circumstances when it might be more beneficial or tax efficient to set up as a partnership. We can advise you if this is the right option for you.

What are the next steps I need to take?

Once you’ve decided on a sole trader business or a partnership, we can advise you to ensure you are operating tax efficiently.

Years Experience

Benefits for small and medium business

For small business owners, we’re much more than your one-stop tax shop. We offer additional services to keep your finances streamlined, and beyond small business tax returns, we can help you control your cash flow with professional bookkeeping and BAS services.

Support for sole traders

We can register you for an ABN as a sole trader and, if required, GST as well. We can also lodge any tax obligations required from these registrations going forward.

Support for partnerships

Our team can assist you in setting up a new partnership TFN and ABN, and guide you as to how to manage your ongoing business and tax obligations.

Ongoing business and accounting support

In order to ensure your new enterprise is as tax efficient as possible, we can support you with record keeping to ensure you are claiming all of your entitlements. We can also provide professional bookkeeping services that enable you to run your business more efficiently.

Trusted Adelaide Accountants

We come recommended.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Sole Traders & Partnerships

We’ve put together some commonly asked questions to give you more information about our services.

Going from an individual return to creating a partnership will add an additional return, but could maximise profits for your business. You can contact us to discuss whether a partnership or sole trader is the correct choice for your business, and we can handle partnership registration if you would like to go forward.

You are required to register for GST if your business has an annual turnover of more than $75,000. Once registered, you are required to charge your customers GST. We can advise you on the process you need to follow to register for GST.

If you carry out all or part of your business from your home, you can claim some portion of the running expenses associated with your home office, including electricity, heating and depreciation of office equipment. Make an appointment to meet with our team and we can advise you as to the sorts of deductions you might be entitled to.

Ashmans Locations

Adelaide Accountant Locations

Unley Office

6/13-15 King William Rd, Unley SA 5061

Ottoway Office

161A Grand Junction Road, Ottoway SA 5013

Park Holme Office

1/650 Marion Rd, Park Holme SA 5043

Appointments at Unley with Joe or Rocco can be made by Phone or Email.